Monday, July 13, 2015

Why see the world, when you got the beach? A vacation at Martha's Vineyard


" BEACH (noun): A place of rest, relaxation,and tranquility. "

   After a month long summer session of classes, I decided a vacation was exactly what I needed. So right after I finished my last final, I was off to Martha's Vineyard with my family for the 4th. We stayed in Oaks Bluff, which is a part of the island where the African American families would vacation back in the day. The island was beautiful and radiated chill vibes; I'm missing the island and the vibes as I type. In preparation for my trip, I was in need for some new swimsuits. I have been feeling the monokini/one piece look that's been on trend for a while. Being a lover of anything vintage, I had to have one. The first one piece I picked up was from American Apparel, who's infamous for their high cut bathing suits and high waisted bikini bottoms. I found a nice red one piece which gave me major Baywatch vibes, and it happened to be on sale so I snagged it. While browsing in TJ maxx I came across the holy grail of swimsuits. A monochromatic black and white Marc Jacobs one piece that was begging to be a part of my closet. I couldn't refuse it if I wanted to, and frankly I felt no guilt. Between the good food, good people, and  beautiful scenery I enjoyed every moment of my small getaway, and cannot wait till next year. Below you will find my beach day looks and some  and the details on them along with some other pictures from the island. 

See you all on my next post,

Love Lex



One piece: American Apparel
Distressed levis shorts: Thrifted
Slides/Birkenstock sandal: Zara
Sunnies: Urban Outfitters

Baewatch 
Swimsuit: Marc Jacobs
Shorts: American Apparel
Slides: Zara
























No comments:

Post a Comment